Monday, November 19, 2012

Weekend Crop layouts

I went to the crop with a bag of photos and a general idea of what paper I wanted to use. Over the course of 3 days, I got 14 layouts done. Not my normal pace, but it was kind of fun to wing it instead of doing all the preplanning that I usually do. First up: the photos from Oyster Creek Park (our "fall" pics that we finally got to take in December). I fell in love with the Simple Stories Harvest Lane line as soon as I saw the sneak peeks of it this summer.


 I love subway art, so I gave it a little bit of a try with my title. I didn't take any letter stickers or Thickers (beyond what came in the kits I had); instead I took a few sets of stamps, some chipboard sets, and a drawer of older letters things that I can't make myself get rid of, but don't seem to use. I like how it looks and I'll probably try it again.
 After that, it was the WRMK Down the Boardwalk kit from Hobby Lobby. When the paper first came out, I wasn't that impressed with it, and I don't really need all that much beach products. But as I saw more and more layouts with it, and looked at it each time I was at the store, it grew on me and I realized that only a few of the sheets were "beach" and the rest were just nice distressed mid range colors that could be used for spring, summer and more. So, for $11.99. I got 44 sheets of paper, 6 sheets of cardstock, die cuts and a sheet of stickers. Good deal.

Still trying to decide if I want a title on the right hand side, or just a little stamped subtitle and some journaling.
I really love these wood letters from Pink Paislee. Must play with them some more.


No comments:

Post a Comment