Thursday, March 22, 2012

Counterfeit kit #5

The kit:
the August 2009 My Creative Scrapbook mini kit. Most of it is MM Giggle Kids, a line exclusive to Archivers. I had most of it, and every time I would take it out, I would end up putting it back and choosing something else, so this was a good challenge to use it up. My take on the kit:
Most of the same papers, some flowers and ribbon, and I switched out the thickers for a set of chipboard alphas. As usual, I ended up using mostly the "b" sides of the papers. For example, the red Sassafrass geometric print? Didn't use a single bit of the red side, but used every bit of the tan bingo grid on the other side.
Allison Davis sketch. Added in: Deja Views journal block and an old MM yellow "a" sticker. I colored the chipboard letters with a Bic Mark-it pen.
Add-in: rhinestone brad

I saw the tan and the greens sitting next to each other than thought they'd make a cute tree, so I gave it a try. The green geometric was already a square, I just trimmed a wavy edge around it. Add-ins: rhinestones I had sitting on my desk, yellow cardstock scrap and Ali Edwards stamp sets.
Add-ins: leftovers from the yellow cardstock scrap, Deja Views journal card, Ali Edwards stamp, twine
On this one, I just started laying leftover pieces down. The alpha stamps are a set I found at Tuesday Morning for $2. One of the things that drew me to them (other than the font and the price :) ) was that there are several of each letter, making it easy to do lines of journaling all at once.
Add-ins: tags, the rest of the yellow cardstock, and Ali Edwards stamp.
Add-ins-Jenni Bowlin journal block and silver "rhinestones" I had laying on my desk. (Obviously I need to clean my desk)
I saw the large square of orange I had left and mixed with the leftover green, thought of pumpkins and realized I had once set of fall pictures left that I hadn't scrapped yet. I searched my Allison Davis scrapbook sketches books for sketches that had a large circle, and used the one I liked the best. I kept the orange as mostly a square shape, since I was afraid trimming it into a smaller circle shape would look weird since I wasn't carrying the shape over to the other page. Add-ins: thickers stickers, a glittered ginko leaf from Michaels, and some K & Co. sunflower stickers (the very last of the set, finally. LOL)
I was out of pictures, so I made some journal cards for PL. I was going to start cutting some larger pieces, when I realized what I had left was kind of patriotic so I came up with this:
Add-in: Bo Bunny journal card.

All that's left is some smaller pieces that I'll stick into the card scrap pile. 10 layouts and some journaling cards...not bad.

365 Layouts total: 162 and 5 mini albums

No comments:

Post a Comment