Friday, March 2, 2012

Starring...Jacob

I just grabbed the next project envelope in the line up, and all of them were Jacob layouts.
Just when I thought I was done with Christmas layouts, up pops a pic from 2010. MM (green), WRMK (pinks) and unknown (music) papers, Deja Views journal spot, old MM glitter letter (silver) and MaMBI sticker letters (red).
One of my recent favorites. Totally didn't realize that 2 vertical and 1 horizontal wallet photo from Sam's Club is exactly 8.5" wide. Must remember this! All the paper is from the MME/Recollections Mosaic pad at Michaels (which is really the MME Stella Ruby line, one of my favorites). Recollections black crystals (used the entire package, figured why not?), glitter heart from Michaels. The letter stickers? They are actually plain chipboard thickers that I colored with a Bic Mark-it marker. I had seen a layout from a year or two ago where someone had colored over some regular letter stickers with a Copic marker, so I figured I'd give it a try. They ended up looking pretty nice.
I tore the notation about Jacob being Star Student of the Week from his planner before dropping it in the recycle bin last spring. All paper is from Jillibean Soup; the orange number paper is the backside of the gray text paper, and the stripe is the backside of the blue/white star paper. Added in some MaMBI chipboard stickers, and after watching the 2peas layout video about embellishing plain stickers, I added a button threaded with twine over one of them.
Finally got to use the BG Max and Whiskers paper! I knew I'd eventually use it, even if it was animal themed :) The only other addition is some old K & Co letter stickers.
Started with some BG Offbeat paper and then added a strip of grey Jillibean text paper and a MaMBI star sticker leftover from the Star Student layout above. Used a glue pen to stick down the twine, and added in a heart button tied with twine and a free cut banner that I stamped with the letter stamps from Michaels that I bought for .31. I love the stamps, the only bad thing about them is that once you take them off the backing sheet, they won't go back on, so I'll have to find another way to store them.
It was so hard to cut into the Simple Stories 100 Days of Summer paper; I just wanted to sit there and stare at it. I think it has definitely taken over CC Early Bird as my favorite ever. Anyway, I had originally cut the gingham as full background sheets but it was pretty overwhelming and then I remember seeing a couple layouts that I liked recently that cut out circles as a background and gave that a try. Used my coluzzle to cut around the circle designs on one of the other sheets of paper. I like how it turned out.

365 Layouts total: 135 layouts and 5 mini albums

No comments:

Post a Comment