Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Citrus Twist, November 2012/Layout of the Day/PL2013 week 5

Well, that was a mouthful! I hadn't really scrapbooked regular pages since the crop in November, and really the only other stuff I had done at the Ditch the Kids crop were my December PL pages, so I decided to jump right in with my Citrus Twist kits while completing a Layout a Day (LOAD) challenge. I didn't sign up for the actual challenge, since I didn't feel I needed a topic prompt to get me going.
 
This was my November Citrus Twist kit:
 
My first layout (Februrary 1): the little "if dreams were wishes" card made me think of how we always joke that we'd buy a house with a Teton view if we won the lottery. I found some great pics on Google and printed them as 5x7 and built my layout around that. I knew I wanted to use some of the blue paper, and the various shades of the cardstock played of the pics well. (That sunset pic is now my computer background.)
My second (February 2) layout used the green ledger paper as a background for our one Thanksgiving picture. The journaling card is actually the product backing from the Amy Tangerine 3D elements.
My third layout (February 3) was a relatively easy one. On 12-12-12 we wrote down our favorite 12 moments from 2012. I thought maybe I would use the December kit for that, but the library card paper seemed like a fun/easy way to journal it. Took a couple minutes on the typewriter. The title was my first non-practice/playing cut with my new Silhouette machine. The font is Lobster 1.4, downloaded for free from the internet.
My fourth layout (February 4) was very picture heavy. I knew I wanted to use the airplane cutout on a travel page, and we had recently been talking about the places we still wanted to visit, so the Wish List page was born. Again, pics are downloaded from Google. (For the record, on the left page they are Caribbean cruise, Mexico, Outer Banks NC, Germany, Niagara Falls, Chicaco. On the right side: Oregon Coast, Hawaii, Savannah GA, London, Williamsburg VA and Boston.) There are more, but those were the first 12 that came to mind.
Fifth layout (February 5) was inspired by several of the pieces of paper being from the Crate Paper "Acorn Avenue" line. We were inundated/attacked by acorns all fall. There were days when I walked Jacob to the bus when I wished I had an umbrella. The pic just shows acorns from the roof right about the door. The really was no thought process on here, just moving and layering pieces of papers of paper until I liked it. I even cut out one of the "Acorn Avenue" images from the cut off strip to use on the journal block.

And Project Life 2013 week 5:


 
I still had a decent amount of paper and stuff left, so I used it for my PL2013 week 5 spread (February 6), since it seemed to match the colors. There are also some Clementine, Turquoise and SC PL cards mixed in.
 
Thoughts on this kit: Overall, I liked it. Acorn Avenue wasn't on my to get list, and except for the blue geometric print, Studio Calico Yearbook wasn't, either. It was a fun kit to play with. I wasn't real fond of the washi this time, but managed to use it a few times, and the Prima inker (Fall Leaf) didn't get much use, but it will on other projects. I still have a decent amount of paper and embellies left over.
 


 
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment