Monday, February 18, 2013

Valentine projects

I covered some large size candy bars for the boys with some MME patterned paper, stamped an AE stamp and cut it out, then created rolled roses from some scrap paper.
 
For goodie bags for the guys, I filled some plain paper lunch sacks, stamped doilies with an AE stamp, added some glitter heart stickers I had picked up at Michaels last year for .49, then folded over the bag and stapled the doily over it. I did something similar for Terri's kids, but forgot to take a pic.
My other project was a garland. I had found this canvas mini album at Michaels for $3 (minus a coupon, of course) and knew I wanted to turn it into a garland. I searched for some flowers that wouldn't overwhelm it, and settled on these felt roses from Hobby Lobby ($1.47 for the package). To help the letters stand out, I misted some doilies then searched through my chipboard letters. I didn't have the letters I wanted in either gold or silver glitter, and wasn't really in the mood to paint and stickle anything, so I searched my metal/plastic letters and was thrilled to get to use some more of my MM mailbox letters. (Oddly, when I bought them 7-8 years ago, I paid $6.99 for the set. When Michaels brought them back 2 years ago, when they were well out of "fashion", they were priced at $9.99 for the set and nobody bought them. Michaels is usually hopelessly out of touch with what's current in scrapbooking, with small flashes of awesome ness, i.e. the recent deal with American Crafts and Heidi Swapp). Some close-ups:
And finally, the boys have been asking for a cookie cake, so this is what I came up with. Not the prettiest, but it was pretty tasty.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment