Tuesday, April 2, 2013

SC Front Row main kit (Feb 13)

I had been debating about signing up for Studio Calico for awhile, even though I went ahead and signed up for Citrus Twist back in October. I love both kits, partially because they tend to have completely different looks. I had thought about signing up for SC in January, since I was already getting the PL kit from them, but hemmed and hawed too much and then it was sold out. It was easy enough to make a counterfeit kit for it and the add-ons, so I'll still get to play with it. I must admit that the stamp  and the washi tape sold me on this kit so I went ahead and signed up. This was the main kit for February:
 
 
 
First up: some of our NYC tour pics from 2006. liked the washi as a sky type background but couldn't get the stamp to not blur on it, even using Staz-On, so I stamped it on white cardstock and cut it out. Since I wanted more of a lighter look, but didn't have a grey stamp pad or feel the need to buy one, I did a second generation stamping of it with black. Title is cut on the cameo.

 Next up: a Valentine's Instagram. I knew I wanted to use some of the arrow paper for the pic, some potty people wood veneer and some of my Studio AE Valentine themed stamps, but that's all I knew. Not 100% pleased with it, but I like it enough to not redo it.
Rick laughed at this layout. I am stupidly happy about Dairy Queen serving Orange Julius'. I have many fond memories of them from growing up and I hadn't gotten to have one in about 25 years. I may or may not have planned my errands around stopping in the first day they were available. I used a free font from the internet (Lobster 1.4) on the cameo for the title, then spritzed it with Heidi Swapp Peach Colorshine. The "Bliss" title is from a LYB fall chipboard sticker set I had sitting on my desk.
I really like the section of wide black ribbon that came with this month's kit, but it took me a long time to figure out how to use it so it wouldn't overwhelm everything. I also never expected to use one of the mustache clips, but I think it looks ok. Title was cut on the cameo.
I really wanted to use the building stamp again, so I dug through some of my vacation photos left to scrap and chose this one from the Yosemite/SF trip in 2011. The section of the BG paper with "Pacific Coast Telegram" seemed fitting.
And then this one. I intend to use it for pics from Hunger Games (hence the ticket background and the arrows), but I'm still trying to get my new photo printer to play nice with Photosheet and I really wanted to get these posted.
 
Thoughts on this kit: I really liked it. A couple of the sheets of paper I probably would have never bought for myself, but I like how all the layouts turned out. The envelope was cute, but I don't usually use stuff like that on layouts, so I recolored the blue flower clasp with emerald green Stickles and added it to my December Daily pile. I also have an add-on, Junior Mints, but for now I think I will keep the add-ons separate from the main kit. Not sure why.

No comments:

Post a Comment