Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Citrus Twist "This is My Life" kit (Feb 2013)

Nice and bright, with a lot of good embellishments. I think between the bits I bought, and the embellies that have come in kits, I ended up with just about the entire Amy Tangerine Ready, Set, Go! collection (not that I minded).
First up:
I wanted to use this Pebbles flying geese quilt pattern from the Walnut Grove line, and I thought it would do a decent job counterbalancing my bright red shirt in this old pic of Brandon and me. It's a bit loud for a background paper, so I covered a good portion of it with paper strips.

And then this one that Jacob loves:
As soon as I saw the canvas elephant sticker, I knew I would be using this kit to scrap this instagram of the stuffed elephant that Jacob bought on vacation and to record the poem from a Barney video that he has us recite all the time. I like how the little pops of blue keep it from being too pale. The heart is a Heidi Swapp color magic mistable from Michaels, spritzed with HS Teal color shine. I had done it for a different layout and didn't end up using it.
My baby isn't such a baby anymore, lol. I really don't know what to do with this gold dot vellum from the Dear Lizzy 5th and Frolic collection other than tear side strips from it.
This one's kind of awkward. The 12-12-12 flair badge was from the October Afternoon Christmas box I bought myself for Christmas.
I really don't like that you can't really read the title, so I may have to go back and outline it or something. The ledger paper is the "B" side of the red label paper.
I thought I was done, but started playing with scraps and came up with this one. I kind of like how it turned out.
 
And what I had left:
Thoughts on the kit: It seem like Citrus Twist always has one really bright cardstock that I don't get around to using (in this case, the bright aqua). The Pebbles journal card pad has also gotten used on some PL spread and the alphas are a nice, basic font that will get used again. Overall, I liked it.
 
50 projects total: 16
 

No comments:

Post a Comment