Tuesday, April 2, 2013

More Christmas layouts

 This one used the Michaels/Recollections Festivus pad. I have no idea why I liked this pad as much as I did, but it was a nice mix of green/red and blue/snowflakes. The merry & bright title doesn't stand out as much as I would like it to.
 Digging into my OA Make it Merry kit I bought myself for Christmas. It's funny, when I first saw the sneaks and the reveal, my first instinct was "pass!" But then I saw people using it and saw some postings with pics, and it looks much better IRL than as a rendering. Anyway, since I bought myself the big kit, which came with the 8x8 pad, I didn't buy any 12x12 sheets, so I made it easy on myself with white backgrounds and layering. The santa claus die cut was purchased at Archivers; I believe it is a Silhouette cut.
 More Make it Merry. I don't often do pages without pics, but I didn't really feel like it needed one. The journal tag (4x6) is from Pebbles, and the joy die cut was a freebie from Archivers. The rest is OA.
 The green background is an older OA holiday line (from about 4 years ago, maybe?) and a HL flower.
I called this my "kitchen sink" Christmas layout. This one took me over an hour, and I don't usually spend that much time on layouts. A mix of EP This and That Christmas, a strip of leftover OA that was sitting on my desk, a page from a vintage Golden Book story book, and a smattering of whatever embellies I ended up liking.

This was the beginning of my "50 Project" pledge on Scrap n Yap, the forum I hang out at now.

50 project total: 5

No comments:

Post a Comment