Thursday, January 12, 2012

Orlando vacation album, part 4

The weather has either been windy or wet and windy, but I finally gave in and photographed them in order to get them off my desk. :)
Basic Grey paper and an image printed from google.
Uh, ditto from above, LOL. Still needs a strip of journaling along the bottom. Will probably add that this week, with my new typewriter (squeeeeeeee!!!! I know, I'm a dork.)
MME paper and a piece gold metallic pipe cleaner from one of Jacob's art projects (I had trimmed it down to use on a page, and had the leftover piece still on my desk.)
When I originally pulled papers for this layout, I had grabbed the Basic Grey archaic, but since I used that on all the Jurassic Park layouts, I didn't want to use it on this one, too (plus, I was kind of sick at looking at it.) So I went with my other tried and true dino set, MME and a journaling spot from Jillibean soup. Based on an Allison Davis sketch (the same one from the rodeo layout, but flipped).
I could probably find another set of the letter stickers at Michaels and fix my second "a" but I'm trying to get out of the habit of buying letter stickers, soo...had to get creative. MMe striped paper, not sure about the blue. And look! Not one, but two kinds of ribbon. Trying to get into the habit of using ribbon, because I have a lot and can't bear to part with what I have left.
Totally winged it on this one. I had dug out the journaling card from MME then decided to see if I had any paper to match. The MME Quite Contrary line doesn't quite match, but I liked it the best and thought the tree leaf paper tied in with the story of Curious George throwing an imaginary stick into the tree for Scooby Doo.
I'm totally in love with this green paper from Crate Paper's Christmas line and struggling valiantly to keep from buying more.Not quite sure what to do with the open green area; I kind of like it, but it's kind of noticeable. Becky Higgins sketch, Martha Stewart photo corners, MM glitter flourish.
Jillibean Soup patterned paper, Bazzill border, MM glitter chipboard letters, and Thickers letter stickers.
Ok, it took 2.5 years, but I finally learned to weld words on my Gypsy! (see "land" above). I was on the right track, just missed a few steps. Crate Paper Toybox paper and stickers, Allison Davis sketch, QK letter die cuts, cricut Opposites Attract cart.

365 Layouts total: 67 and 3 mini albums

I'm a little behind (I should be at 73). I've been setting up my Project Life workstation, and I used my Christmas gift money to buy myself a typewriter to make my PL and regular scrapbook journaling easier. That, of course, meant having to clean off my desk to make room for it, which led cleaning up my room, which needed it anyway. Add in going through all my stuff in preparation for the crop on the 21st, and my scrapbook time has been used for everything but scrapbooking. I'm not too worried, though. I usually get 20+ layouts done at the crop, so I should be caught up after that.

No comments:

Post a Comment