Thursday, January 12, 2012

Project Life setup

Project Life is the same as the Project365 album I did in 2010. I swore I was never going to do another one, or if I did, I would do it digital. I found that for me, a picture a day was restrictive and while I did end up taking pictures of little things that I wouldn't have otherwise, I chafed at the idea that I HAD to take a picture every day and some days found myself searching for something, anything to take a picture of. As a result, I took very little photographs for the first 3 or so months of 2011, and didn't really get into a photo groove until Easter. So, I'm as shocked as anyone that I decided to do it again this year, and not digitally. Since discovering Pinterest, I've found a plethora of Project Life ideas, and I realized that I could make the project anything that I want it to be. I'm still doing a weekly format, but making it a little more "me" with patterned paper and bits of ephemera here and there and am liking it so far. To make it easier to stay caught up, I created a little PL station on top of my wall o'baskets in my room:
Easy peasy. I have some paper, a pen and a stack of sticky notes right there with my album to jot little notes and slap a sticky note on the area of the page protector where I want something to go. My little printer (HP A646) sits right there so I can print out a pic straight from the camera or memory stick. In the drawer is my ink pad and date stamp (so Jacob doesn't have easy access to the ink pad), as well as extra photo paper. On the bottom shelf is this:
A file box I got from the office supply section of Walmart a few years ago. I was keeping dies for my die cut machine in there, but I don't have very many non-alpha dies, so they were easy to move elsewhere. I took all the components of my project life core kit (Clementine edition) out of their boxes, cut up the Simple Stories/Crate Paper/Echo Park accent sheets and added in a stack of precut 4x6 white cardstock, my October Afternoon journaling cards, cute little notepads and these:
Prestamped journaling squares. So far I'm liking the set up.

No comments:

Post a Comment