Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Peep Skip Day, 2014

On the message board I'm on, someone made a mention of senior skip days, and it turned into a discussion about wouldn't it be fun to have a skip day for crafting? Before anyone knew it there was a poll for dates and it turned from a day to a 4 day thing complete with prizes, Bingo and lots of fun. I love the message board I'm on :)  There were 16 challenges and I managed to complete them all, and it has totally rejuvenated me for scrapping; I feel creative for the first time in a long time.

Challenge #1
Christmas card tutorial

Challenge #2
Mad Dash, complete a layout in under 45 minutes

Challenge #3
Embossing and Embellishments, either use an embossing folder or make your own embellishments and use them on a layout. I made stacked label embellishments.

 
Challenge #4
sticker sneeze, create a layout where stickers are the main focus or organize your stickers.
I organized my stickers (upcoming Workspace Wednesday post).
 
Challenge #5
Make your own kit club kit
I started out with these two cut apart sheets from Echo Park Happy Go Lucky, the only two pieces I have from that line:
I love bright colors, so I was looking forward to seeing what I could pull from my stash. I started with pattern paper:
then added in several alphabet options:
followed by embellishments:

Can't wait to play with it!

Challenge #6
Fall layout challenge

Challenge #7
Let's go to the Border--use a sheet of border sections cut apart to create your layout
 
Challenge #8
27 fling boogie...pull a Fly Lady cleaning spree and clean up 27 things in your space or clean for 27 minutes. I completed this several times, lol.
 
Challenge #9
Die Cut Dodgeball, make die cuts your focus

Challenge #10
the challenge of challenge. A list of 52 challenges from a book, and this was the only challenge where layouts from the other PSD challenges could be used. I submitted 3.

Challenge #11
Peep recipe. Create a layout with a brown background, uses at least 3 circular elements, gold and some twine/string/ribbon.

Challenge #12
stencil challenge, use a stencil or mask.

Challenge #13
the 12 days of Christmas, create a Christmas themed layout with at least 12 items on it.

Challenge #14
random recipe challenge, when you signed up you were given a list of 4 things chosen by random.org.  I got fall theme, camera/geotag/arrow, frame your photos, and multiple fonts.

Challenge #15
peep skip day sketch. I actually used this for #3, as well.

Challenge #16
lots of dots! Use at least 15 enamel dots on a page.
I originally started this page for die cut dodgeball (#9) but realized I had enough dots on it to qualify for this one, so used it for this and made another one for DCDB since I still had my machine and dies out.


2014 in 2014: between working on 13 or so weeks of PL and this, I got my total up to the 1700+ range but forget to write down the exact number before updating it. Oops.

No comments:

Post a Comment