Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Studio Calico kit--Marks and Co (August 2013)

This was my last month as a subscriber; I bought the main kit, the add-on paper kit and the 4x6 paper pad, then added in the embellishments I wanted by buying them at regular stores with discounts. Plus, as I was working each layout, I added in whatever I wanted, just because :)

The main kit:

add-on paper


I started using this kit in January 2014, and made my first layout for the 50 project challenge:


and made a base layout to eventually put pics of my scraproom on (when it's clean, lol)
 
then I set it aside and pretty much ignored it's existence. I finally pulled it out on Sunday and decided to see what I could do with it.
 
I really kind of struggled with this one and it took me awhile to figure out that it was because I had only cut 2 6x6 blocks, when I normally layer 3. I added in some die cuts to balance the black frame.
 a close up of the stitching (using a template)
 
 I like this one, and used mostly 4x6 cards, with a few 3x4 cards from my stash added in.

This one is really not my style, but I was trying to challenge myself to use the A side. Of course, after I was done and looked up the papers, I realized that it was the easier to use B side that was meant for use in the kit. Oops.

I pulled in an extra sheet of the Fancy Pants paper so I could do a coordinated background, and several DL Polka Dot Party PL cards.

This was I think the only time I used stickers from the kit (add-on). I don't usually find the main kit alphas too usable.

My favorite one :) I always knew I was going to use the sun paper for these pictures.

A scraplift of a layout in their gallery (except theirs was a about dimples).

Layering more of the 4x6 cards and scraps.

 
Overall, I used more of the B sides than A sides. I'm pleased with 10 layouts and 6 cards. I didn't really think that a lot of the embellishments from the add-ons matched very well so didn't really use them, but I do have pieces of the paper line they go to, so they'll get used eventually. This is what I have left:
 
2014 in 2014:  1971/2041
50 projects total: 11/50
 

No comments:

Post a Comment