Monday, August 5, 2013

Citrus Twist April 2013 kit

This kit:
was so not me (look at all the pink! the florals! the frou frou!) And yet, I really enjoyed playing with it and stretching my comfort zone. I also had the Maggie Holmes fabric frames (which were featured in one of the add-ons) so I tossed those in my pile, too. A full pack of those, a full pack of the Crate Paper photo overlays, and a full pack of the Maggie Holmes die cuts meant that there were tons of embellishments in the kit.

This layout did not start out with the two cluster of die cuts in the pink areas. I had stamped some phrases in pink, but they just looked like they were floating, so I had to come up with a way to cover them up.

 I didn't like a lot of the overlays (too yellow), so I got creative and staring using them as mats.
 This one is unusual for me, as I almost never use colored cardstock (other than black) for a background. I just really liked how the photo looked against it, and decided to build the page around it.
 As I was sitting, trying to think of how I wanted to type out the journaling, I was sort of congratulating myself on how many of the die cuts I had used. Enter light bulb moment to use the last remaining die cuts that could be used for journaling.
 
Thoughts on this kit: It surprises me how much I liked working with this kit and how much I like the layouts. So, I guess I need to maybe play with pink every now and then. :)
 
100 projects total: 28/100

No comments:

Post a Comment