Friday, August 2, 2013

Studio Calico Spencer's kit (April 2013)

To be honest, when I first saw the sneaks and then the reveal, I wasn't real pleased with this kit. It kind of grew on me, though. No add-ons even tempted me this month.
 
 
 The blue thought bubble was too light, so I misted it darker.
 Misting also works on chipboard :)

 The orange tab pulls out to reveal journaling by Brandon about his Minecraft game.
 I was perusing the Studio Calico online gallery and saw that people were also using the Project Life kit cards on regular pages...not gonna lie, it was a d'oh! moment.


 Studio Calico digital stamp from their May kit. I really like that I can still get the stamp images and not buy a whole kit. Now I just need to learn how to use Photoshop so I can do them in different colors and such. This one was simple enough to do, though.
Sigh, still not sure about this one. Maybe I need to stitch around the LOVE negative space in some orange thread.

Overall, I liked playing with the kit more than I anticipated and like the pages I got done. I still have a fair amount of paper scraps left, the entire roll of washi, the entire package of cork cameras, almost the entire sheet of stickers...and I tried to use the stamp, but I don't know, the border just didn't work for me.

100 projects total: 21/100

No comments:

Post a Comment