Thursday, August 15, 2013

May Citrus Twist kit "Sunkissed"

The May kit:
I was really not impressed when I saw the sneaks and the reveal. It really kind of looks like a hodgepodge, although the light oranges and blues do give it a beachy, summry vibe. I was not looking forward to playing with it, and in fact it ended up being my last CT kit. I loved a lot of the previous kit, the customer service and the value, but sometimes the kits just weren't "me". Anyway,
 
 BeckyFleck/ Pagemaps sketch

 This is so not my style, but it was fun to try. And the mist on the HS Colormagic banner? "Mixed tape" from the SC NEON set. Not very neon-y, but it did make a very nice teal. The canvas butterflies were sprayed first with OA Comet Tail mist and then Heidi Swapp Mustard mist to give it them a glimmer look.

 I bought the Sea Shells silhouette cut just for this page (it was .50, so not a huge outlay). I started placing groupings of the buttons around the page but they looked off, so on a whim I put some of the frames from my much sought after The Pier frame pack (took me months to track those down since they were out of stock everywhere) around them. I like them much better.

 An easy and quick one. Dad is a KBS (Kerri Bradford Studio) freebie cut, and was one of the first things I cut out with my Cameo, before setting it aside. Glad I held on to it :)

 Lots of journaling tidbits.

 I was so at a loss for this paper, and the B side is an even bolder giant orange on orange polka dot. I think it worked well for this page, though.
And a last one. The feather paper/bird pic should have been obvious, but sadly it was the last one of the bunch.

There is still one full sheet of pattern paper and 2 full sheets of cardstock (bright melon orange and bright lime green, so they'll never get used by me) left, along with a decent amount of scraps, almost a full roll of washi and some embellies, but I'm ready to move on. Still, 7 layouts that I like out of a kit that I didn't like is pretty good, I think.

100 layout total: 44/100

No comments:

Post a Comment