Friday, August 2, 2013

playing with pretty paper, part 8

Most people who know me know that I have 3 scrapbooking weaknesses: Christmas paper, October Afternoon products, and washi tape. After the holidays last year, I snagged 3 cute paper pads on clearance and I like them, but didn't end up using them for any of last year's pictures (because I had the aforementioned October Afternoon Christmas line...which I picked some more up on clearance at Archivers last month, doh!) Anyway, I decided I wanted to make some bases and clear out some of my Christmas stash. First up:
 
This cute pad from K & Co that I found at Target for $8.48.
 
 

 How cute are the reindeer?












Doesn't this one just remind you of candy canes? I'm thinking this is finally the year I need to make good on my plans to try and make homemade peppermint ice cream.




 I've been watching some scrappy video on Youtube and saw this idea on a nicolejones911 video for using up paper scraps.

Next up was a Recollections rebrand of a Crate Paper line. It was cute (and only $6) but I really struggled to use it.




 I even used an Allison Davis/Scrapbook Generations sketch.
 But eventually gave up after 6 layouts.

And finally, this Recollections pad, Festivus, that I picked up for $4. I originally passed it up because hand drawn stuff is just really not my style, but it was too cute to pass up and I loved playing with it. I kept plenty of scraps in case I want to play with it some more


 Allison Davis/Scrapbook Generations sketch. It was easy and super cute...how come I never tried this one before?






 

 
I have a little bit of a head start on Christmas layouts this year, lol!

No comments:

Post a Comment