Friday, February 10, 2012

Blast from the Past 1998-2000

Jacob was pulling out albums tonight and making me look through them and it occurred to me that there were some early ones that I don't like, but there are also some every year that I just love. So I pulled out my camera to capture those, since my mom has never really seen a lot of my layouts. So...
1998 - A nice easy one with just some patterned paper. I always felt incredibly lucky that I was able to get these great shots of Brandon with a point and shoot film camera, because my photo skills left a little to be desired in those early years.
1999- I love KMA paper! I think I bought 4 or 5 packs of the patterned paper when they had them at Hobby Lobby. I used to use a lot of punches, too. I think at one point I had well over 100 shape punches.
1999- Rick says this is still one of his favorites. Early on, I like setting "scenes" for outdoor pictures.
1999- Rebecca Sower cut-outs-another product I loved and had all of. This was my first attempt at crumpling paper; I remember how much of a pain it was and how hard it was to get back flat enough to adhere it to the background paper.
2000- Paperkins! I loved me some Paperkins! I had almost all of them. I finally gave away the remaining 20 or so I had and the templates last year.
2000-paper tearing, still one of my favorite techniques.
2000-I saw an ad for a paper piecing kit and figured I could just as easily do it on my own. I still like it.
2000-vellum and one of my lettering templates. I don't really use vellum anymore, but I can't make myself get rid of my remaining stash, either.

2000-Becky Higgins creative lettering. I used to love that column in CK.

No comments:

Post a Comment