Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Project Life, week 6

So, I had printed out these free journaling cards from Cathy Zielske and then stamped the dates at the top...and we had another gray and blah, week, but I didn't want to waste the ink and ditch the journaling cards, so the results is a rather bright and springy layout. This is the first PL layout that I didn't work on as the week went on, rather waiting until the next week to put it together. This is also the first week I did a day by day style of journaling card. I've got to say, our life is pretty darn boring so I don't know if I'll do it again. :)

Left side:
The bad part about all the free journaling cards floating around is that they are sized for the official Project Life page protectors, where the specific openings for said journaling cards are much smaller than my regular page protectors, so most of them need to be mounted on cardstock so they aren't floating around. I played with different papers before settling on a sheet of Echo Park paper from the Playground paper kit. Each 12x12 piece of paper can be cut down to six 4x6 cards, so that also gave me an extra to use for the title and one of the smaller photos. Title block has an Avery label with the dates stamped on, some Doodlebug stickers and a pic I took of Brandon using my phone, using the Fast Snap app (Droid). Next is a collage of Monday stuff made in Photosheet. Bottom left pic is a BH double journal card with a photo of our shakes taken with my phone and a bit of Chick Fil A logo cut from a nugget box. Lastly is a pic of the boys snapped at home.

Right side:
A pic of all the crayons Jacob snagged from my school supply stash (journaling on an Avery label); photo of my nephew and his family and me, with a Martha Stewart Avery label; the front of one of the Crayola boxes; photo of the books we are reading this week with a Martha Stewart Avery label, and a photo of B printed through Photosheet, with a Doodlebug sticker and an October Afternoon label sticker.

365 Layouts total: 109 and 3 mini albums

No comments:

Post a Comment