Friday, February 10, 2012

Blast from the Past 2001



Remember MaMBI stickers? Loved those things. I saw this idea in a magazine and copied it almost exactly.
And these pictures mark the beginning of the digital age. These were some of my first digital pictures, taken with my brand spankin' new HP618. I loved that camera; it was my constant companion for 2.5 years, until Jacob climbed up and got it down from the top of a 6 foot bookcase. This was also my first set of letter die cuts.
More Rebecca Sower cut outs. I still have some I can't bear to part with. At this point, I was printing pics out at home on my Lexmark 3 in one printer.
10 years later, I still remember making this page. Ink and chalk vellum pink, punch it out and shade the edges with blue ink for the bubbles, and carefully cutting around the edges of the negative space left from an empty sheet of letter stickers before mounting them on vellum for the letters. I love the look of it, but I rarely put that much time into a layout.

No comments:

Post a Comment