Saturday, February 25, 2012

counterfeit kit #4

My inspiration was the Sweet Peach Crop Shop June 2011 kit, but apparently they closed up shop at the end of December and their website is no longer there to pull the pic from, and I don't tend to save the pics after I print them, so...this was my take on it. The original had a couple pieces of MME Lime Twist and other assorted papers. I had a few pieces from the line, but I really just bought the 6x6 pad and several of the die cuts. Since what drew me to the kit was the the color combo of orange/blue/green, I just went with that and started pulling stuff from my stash.

Added in a Martha Stewart chipboard number, a MME frame, white buttons, and a Martha Stewart round tag from her new office supply line. I kind of went with a mama and babies feel with the flowers to echo the sentiment of the pic.
After I trimmed down the paper, I cut the remaining clouds from the discarded piece and pop dotted them onto the layout for dimension.
This photo was cracking us up last night. Look how small they were!
The diagonal stripe paper is the backside of the number paper, so I just flipped it over and added Karen Foster letter stickers, since I wasn't sure how well the green ones would show on the blue paper.
Mustache cut from a scrap of Echo Park paper, Martha Stewart office tag, and Karen Foster alpha stickers added in. Based on a Becky Fleck/Pagemaps sketch.

I still have a few sheets that didn't get used, and a decent amount of embellies left, but I lost my mojo for the paper after layout #6. Still pretty please with the six I got out of it.

365 Layouts total: 128 layouts and 5 mini books.

No comments:

Post a Comment